Did you know that The Ember is volunteer powered? Our servers give their time to be part of our drive to be a positive impact in the community.
You may find it interesting that every month we donate money to a featured local cause. We also donate venue space, time, and coffee to community non-profits.
We can’t do all of these things on our own, but we can be a part of something bigger than us both locally and globally. Check out these amazing places we get to be a part of. Consider each cup of coffee you buy an investment in making the world a better place.
We're a non-profit
It’s often asked, “How are you non-profit? Why are you a non-profit? Does the money all go back into the church?” It’s not uncommon for all of those questions to be asked in one, long, run-on sentence...most likely while you are trying to make a drink or ring someone up. In response, you can include any of this information:
- We operate under the non-profit umbrella of Freedom Church.
- The money helps pay the mortgage on the building, electric bills, maintenance, management, etc.
- We also like to give away what we can, including, but not limited to:
- Support of Local Organizations and People: We have offered up our facility for free benefit events and free music nights. We have also donated products and served coffee at different events outside of The Ember.
- Generosity. We are always looking for ways to give back to the community. One way we do this is by giving money every month to a different Non-profit organization.
- In-Kind Donations: Throughout the year, we give in-kind donations as often as possible... donating coffee, gift cards and coupons to organizations raising money through silent auctions or wanting to thank the people that serve them.